It's an age old question which has stumped many. Do we have free will or are we held to the ransom of a greater force? Whether it be fate, karma, or destiny, the reason why so many people have difficulty reaching a conclusion is because they think it's one or the other. The truth is, it doesn't actually matter.
People are so determined to find a one dimensional and digestible answer but the difference lies in perception. I don't see it as my job in life to answer the question, I see it to be lived as if nothing is set.
I live my life as if I have free will but I understand that events arrive to me often without me having any say in them. All I can do is choose how to respond to them. The source of those events really don't concern me; what concerns me is how I use my power of free will in that moment to override my reaction.
Here's a two step process by which I look at this whole situation.
1. All events are fated in some way - that could be a short term fate relating to decisions recently made or through some higher power and unseen force. I don't have control over the events.
2. I have absolute power of my attitude and the way I choose to respond to those events - at all times I have the power right now to decide how I think. I can choose to be grateful and cultivate the attitude of a decision maker.
I don't believe we are accidental beings; we were meant to live life on purpose. I have the gift of free will in the world where fate and destiny exist.
Wow. A great take on destiny. We all do have the power to choose a path that we choose while destiny will assist us along the way.
I, for one, am truly grateful for the cards that have been handed to me in life. Things may happen that you don't feel you have a say in. At that moment in time, it is crucial you decide how you will respond.
Nothing in life is set in stone—that's the way life works. Sometimes, change can be a blessing. Embrace change and accept it for what it is. If you respond to doubt and change in life with a positive attitude, everything will work out.
Never lose hope.
Do not give up.
Wait as long as it takes for change to work in your favor.
Do not leave; do not leave until it is your time. Or better yet, take someone on your journey through change.
Lastly, know this: at the moment that you think you have learned the way to live, life can change. Will you be ready?
No comments:
Post a Comment