Friday, October 7, 2011

New Beginnings

The Yankee season is over. I was at the game, and let me tell you, the atmosphere was great. In the end, the Yanks lost and it was a heart breaker.


Nevertheless, I still had a fun time at the game. Batting practice was especially entertaining. I was standing right beyond the wall in right field for a majority of the time. If you are unfamiliar with batting practice, normally the pitchers and field players that are not playing in the game will be the ones to catch the balls that are being hit. Justin Verlander happened to be the player in right field, which was pretty cool. Here's a picture of him standing with manager Jim Leyland.


Verlander seemed like a nice guy, he was actually being quite entertaining. He was interacting with the fans, and it was all in good fun. I also appreciated that he attempted to give the balls that he caught to the very young fans. Since I was that young at some point, I know what it is like to be thrown a ball from a Major League Baseball player. It's a magical moment.


Now that the season is over, I will focus my attention to Football and Hockey. Additionally, the end of every baseball season is a reminder that with every end, there is a new beginning. And with every beginning there is a chance to do something truly memorable. While ends can be frustrating, you must make the best of them. True champions never stop preparing, and there is no reason why each and every one of us cannot do the same.

No matter what you do in life, don't get discouraged and keep plugging away. Because it is the people that get up after they fail—the people that do not take no for an answer—and the people that hold it together when everyone else would understand if they fell apart that are genuinely inspirational.

3 comments:

  1. What hockey team do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece of advice and guidance....I shall certainly visit this post whenever I need to be picked up or am down...Thanks purpleotter (it would be really awesome to see)...Keep up the positive work!

    ReplyDelete