Yes, some nights we stay up thinking of all the bad luck we have had. Yes, bad things happen to the best of us. Some nights we need to just call it a draw. Today was today, and tomorrow will be tomorrow. It may have been a bad day, but tomorrow will be a good day. And, heck, yesterday was a good day. It happens, move on.
But, I still wake up, I still see your ghost. Yes, we can be haunted by what has happened in our lives. We can be haunted by those we have left behind, we can be haunted by those that have left us behind. Stay strong, for there are people out there that you are meant to meet. People that will not just come and go.
Not sure what you stand for? Stay calm, it will turn out fine. Eventually, you will find out. You will know when people become a part of your life if they are there temporarily or if they are there to stay. Some people can know these things immediately. For others, it takes time.
You down on yourself? You feel as if you try twice as hard and you are half as liked? Who cares. Because those people that do not pay attention to you, trust me, they are not worth it. You will find people that appreciate what you do. If you work hard to stand up for your morals and what you believe in, everything will be perfect.
Yes, we all go through tough times. Yes, some nights even I wish that this all would end. Sometimes, I wonder, I'm not sure if anybody understands. Yet, we must keep hope.
The other night, you would not believe the dream I just had about you and me.
Some nights, I always win.
Some nights, I'm scared you'll forget me again.
Most nights, I don't know.
Our world is full of unknown, but we must hold true to the known. We must hold true to the known and go with it.
And, always remember, you have no right to ask, "Why did this happen to me," when something bad happens to you. That is, unless you ask that same question for every bit of happiness that comes your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment