Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Open Mic Videos!

So, here's the story! Around Sunday afternoon, Frank mentioned to me that there would be an Open Mic Session on Monday night. I was promptly excited to perform! We threw together a quick playlist, and even made some last minute changes right before we went on.

First, we played She's Got A Way, by Billy Joel. The link for that song can be found here.

Thoughts: I would say this was our best performance. And, surprisingly so, this was the song that we practiced the least. Also, we decided to play it a few hours before showtime. As you can see, Frank was not all that familiar with the exact lyrics. So, he was occasionally reading them off of his phone.

Second, we played The Gambler, by Fun. The link for that song can be found here!

Thoughts: This song went relatively well. Frank was not all that happy with his performance, but it really is not that bad! He had a pretty nasty cold that night, so kudos to him for still sounding beastly. Additionally, I had a cold, but that does not exactly affect a piano player as much as it does a singer.

Lastly, we played Miami 2017, by Billy Joel. That link can be found here.

Thoughts: This song went pretty well. Both Frank and I had a some blunders which you will notice. In the middle of the song, some lyrics were forgotten, but it's all good! Also, towards the end of the song, my page flipping got me quite mixed up. This particular song has some challenging page flipping that really is not ideal at all. I screwed up, but Frank picked up the slack for me and we managed to finish strong.

All in all, a very fun time! Pay attention for more information on performances by Frank and I. Soon, we are going to create our very own Youtube/Facebook/Twitter pages for people to follow! Many more musical adventures and recordings shall ensue! Stay tuned!

Oh, by the way, shout out to my good friend Brian Townsend for recording the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment